Sunday, September 14, 2008










Well here is the update for this week.... I've never had done so much walking in my life (mom you will love my A1C when i get back)!  We started classes this week and I think I just might fail cause I would rather be doing London then my homework.  The classes I am taking are london walks which are at least two miles of sight seeing , British History, Shakespeare, religion and Humanities. 
This week we went the British Museum and saw the Rosetta stone, and the National Gallery.  We went to Bath-which mom, I think we need to take a girls trip there, Stonehenge, 39 steps play, the Thames Festival, Parliament(we could only take pictures in one room), and today was the first Sunday in our individual wards.  I am now a member to the Lea Valley ward for the next 3 1/2 months.  It is about a hour northeast by tube/train but I think I will really like it there.  The girls that are there with me and I will probably be working with the young women or in primary.
Bath is a city in, I think, southeast of England about two hours from Wales.  it is where Jane Austin wrote most of her novels, and it is also the setting of some of them.  It is also a Roman bath city.  There is a natural hot spring there that was converted into a Roman bath house.  You can tour the place but you can only feel the water.  There are a lot of shops and tourist places.  They have a pump room where you can get tea and scones, which we did(herbal tea that is), there is a fashion museum, ballrooms, and just a million of little shops everywhere. I'm pretty sure Andi and Jenny would love this place!  You can also try some of the spring water, it isn't very good, it has a really metallic taste to it with horrible after taste.
It was a jam packed week of fun! And this will be just as busy, but I hope everyone back at home is doing well and enjoying life

love ya Em


3 comments:

Andi said...

Yay! It sounds like more than fun! :)

Jen said...

How fun!!! I'm totally down for a girls' trip to Bath. While we're at it, we might as well just see Wicked in London, right?

London Bird said...

gyi'm all up for that....Mom?